Question 1
I got in a car accident today and the man in the car was pulling out of the parking lot and hit my car while i?... was drivig by now my door is bent in.. I am 17 yrs. old and my court date is Sept. 20. Does he have to pay for the damages of my car.? And do i have to wait til the court date to get my car fixed.??
Also will my insurance rate go up.?? And will this be on my driving records.??
Answers
1) just take pictures of the damages. you can still get the car fixed, if the accident was his fault, then most likely he will have to pay. alot depends on your insurance. - Tara
2) Court has nothing to do with the repairs of your car. Not sure why you have to go to court - did you get a ticket?
Have your parents call your insurance company and file a claim. They should also call the other guy's insurance company and make sure a claim is filed with them as well. - Mushu
3) just take pictures of the damages. you can still get the car fixed, if the accident was his fault, then most likely he will have to pay. alot depends on your insurance. - Ciaran
4) If the accident was the other drivers fault as you have indicated it was then the other drivers insurance company will most likely have to get your vehicle repaired at the insurance company expense providing the other driver had insurance. If the other driver didn't have insurance the judge will most likely have the other driver pay for your damages. Keep in mind, just because the judge's decision for the other driver to pay for the damages doesn't mean you will get all the money if any you are to receive. It's hard sometimes to get someone to pay for damages for many reasons like not working, disabled an unable to work, or just a dead beat that won't even make an attempt to pay for the damages. You will have to keep taking the person to court to get any money you can and the court costs you will most likely have to pay yourself. This type of situation will run into a lot of money if you have to keep going back to court providing the person doesn't skip town on you. As for your question about having to wait until you go to court to get your vehicle repaired and the answer is no you don't have to wait until you go to court. Most likely the other person's insurance company won't pay anything if you are going to court. They will wait and go to court with their high paid attorneys and try everything they can to keep from having to put out any money to repair your vehicle's damages. If you have full coverage on your vehicle you can file a claim with your insurance company to get the damages repaired. If your insurance company thinks the other insurance will have to pay for the damages your insurance company will most likely wait until after the judges decision to see who has to pay for the damages. Of course this is providing you had insurance coverage to cover the damages. If you only had liability insurance your insurance company will not pay anything to get your vehicle repaired. Normally under your situation from your description the other driver is and most likely will be held liable for the damage to your vehicle. If you don't have an attorney make sure you provide the court with photos of the damage to your vehicle. Also take photos of the place where the accident occurred from both directions along with the parking lot area to show where the other person pulled out of. Take several photos because the more you can show the judge the better your chances are in winning your case. If the police came out and investigated the accident get a copy of the police report to bring along with you to court. The police report will give the judge the actual facts of the accident as reported by yourself and any other witnesses that the police might have spoken to. When you are before the judge answer the questions truthful and don't add anything that isn't true and you should do just fine. Don't go before the judge wearing sloppy clothing or dirty clothing or looking like a bum. Be neat and well groomed and act like an adult during court. - fortyniner
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 2
transferring license plates?... I'm getting my car registered tomorrow. i don't have my own plate or tag, but my neighbor has an old one. can i use his old one and transfer it instead of paying a lot more for new ones? i live in florida. thanks
Answers
1) Sure you can...if you want to get hauled in for Displaying Fictitious Plates, and have your car impounded. Plates do *not* transfer. You'll get new plates when you register it. - Bungholio
2) im not sure if you can use his tags.... i dont think so, they always asked me if i had a set that i wanted transferred, call and ask, or look up the dmv website. if you could, you could save a couple hundred by doing that... not sure though cause the plates arent registered in your name already... - Justin
3) Every state is different but in most you pay the same for the registration every year whether you get new plates or not. In Texas the registration renewal slip has the age of the plates on it and at eight years they have to be replaced and it doesn't cost any extra. Here the only way you can run old plates is if it's classified and registered as an "Antique" and the plates are from the year the car was manufactured. - mustanger
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 3
My friend driving the car which be rented by me in Enterprise meet accident, what can i do?... The whole process is following: (In Canada) I reserve a full size car from Enterprise on Aug, 13, 2010, and I rented a car from Enterprise on Aug, 21, 2010, At that day, the agent of Enterprise told me they did not have a full size car available, so they rent me a SUV (However, In Enterprise Policy, a SUV is not suppose to rent to a people who is under 25 years old even they charge the under age fee), I accept that cause I have my schedule for trip. I signed the contract that said I can not let anybody else drive the car except me. (I am looking the contract very carefully, it point out there is no other driver can drive this car) Yesterday, Aug 29, When I reach in local, I suppose to return the car, So I let my friend drive the rented SUV, and I drive my own car, she was following me. however, She made a mistake that she was pushing the gas when she suppose to press the break. So, she was hitting tree, the car is deeply crash, the front bumper has a big dishing. The Driver airbag is come out. There is several witness there and call the police, the police came, and took her license's number down and car's insurance as well. A small car which included police report number be given. no tickets or fine be given. Police said we can leave and the rental company will take care all of that. After my friend went to the hospital, I tried Three things. First, I called enterprise this morning, the company agent said the damage can not be covered cause I signed a contract which means I can not let someone else drive the car. Also, I called credit card company, they said there is a good chance the damage may not be covered, because I already brought the coverage from enterprise, but the agent asked a lot of details and told me there is judge will call me next day,but he said it is really hard to cover my damage. (I saw the CIBC AERO GOLD VISA policies online, which point out that I must to declines the coverage of Enterprise first, but I am not, I do not know anything) Finally, I called my own car insurance company (TD insurance), the agent from there told me it won't be covered. It is a 2010 ford escape Limited car, only 1,6000 KM, I am afraid that the rental company will write off the car. 1. Do I still have a chance to have insurance to cover anything? (Visa or Enterprise) 2. Is this matter will effect my own car insurance? 3. The only mistake that Enterprise made is they can not rent a SUV to a people who is under 25 years old. however, they rented to me. can this point being a advantage when we negotiate to the Enterprise? 4. Should I hire a lawyer to deal with anything, is that will be helpful? or nothing will be changed. Please let me know. Thanks so much
Answers
1) "I signed the contract that said I can not let anybody else drive the car except me" - You are screwed. Seriously, you are going to owe the money. By allowing another person to drive the car, you voided the contract and the insurance you purchased.
"the only mistake that Enterprise made is they can not rent a SUV to a people who is under 25 years old" - Clearly they can.
Your insurance isn't covering it b/c that's not in your policy, clearly from the answer they gave you.
So since you have no insurance to cover it, you owe the cost of the damage. - the kid
2) 1. No chance. You breached your contract with Enterprise. Now you have to pay. Not your insurance, not Visa, not your friend, and no, not the tree either.
2. No, your car insurance will not be affected because they aren't covering the loss.
3. It doesn't matter that Enterprise rented a car to you that they shouldn't have. YOU SIGNED the contract, accepting their terms.
4. A lawyer, if you can even find one to represent you, is going to cost you more than the damages to the car. - Mushu
3) Enterprise giving you an SUV was not "wrong'. They did not have a car in the size you wanted to they gave you an automatic upgrade. Usually for the same price of the smaller car you wanted. That's not wrong - it's good customer service. You have no negotiation point on that.
Have your friend that was driving the car report the incident to her car insurance company. If she has collision coverage they may cover it.
Go ahead and report the claim to your company and let them do an investigation into the coverage.
The insurance you took out with Enterprise is voided. You let an unauthorized driver operate the vehicle. Had you been driving when the tree got hit- no problem. The Enterprise coverage would have paid. But YOU voided that by having your friend drive the car.
As you have now learned - you should have let your friend drive your car and YOU drive the Enterprise car since you were the only one authorized.
If none of the insurance companies cover the damage to the car - then Enterprise will pursue you personally for payment.
You can speak to a lawyer. But a lawyer can't change the language in the contract. - MSAD
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 4
Does this mean I still have time to go to motor vehicles HELP?... I receive a notice stating that I have to show proof of insurance.
It says, your nj registration privilege is scheduled to be suspended as of 9/1/10 indefinitely.
Can I go to mvs and walk in tomorrow and avoid suspension?
Answers
1) you better call someone and fax/email/run a copy to them asap
take it to where it was mailed, DMV, PD etc - Justin
2) you better call someone and fax/email/run a copy to them asap
take it to where it was mailed, DMV, PD etc - Ciaran
3) I think you can avoid it by doing that. If you want you can call before you go to find out. I think you will be okay if you go down and show proof. Good Luck - Eva D
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 5
Is working as a mechanic out of your garage illegal in chicago?...
Answers
1) No sure, but living in Chicago I know you have to have a permit for everything!!!!! - Irish Girl
2) missing at least a few things:
commercial operation out of residentail zoned property,
no business license,
no insurance,
no workmens comp
...
the list goes on.
Illegal yes !
But really rather trivial, UNTIL you p][ ss off a customer and they trn you in. - james
3) Everything's illegal in Illinois! - Hank Scorpio
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Popular
-
Honda has officially taken the wraps off its 2011 Odyssey minivan. Like the Odyssey concept shown at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show, the new min...
-
Although Mercedes-Benz has officially revealed how the next CLS will look, the automaker's representatives tell Leftlane that we will h...
-
2011 Jeep Patriot Appear at Chrysler Shows On the inside, the 2011 Patriot highlights a significantly more upscale interior, with an incre...
-
General Motors has decided to unveil the Chevrolet Aveo hatchback ahead of it’s debut at this month’s Paris Motor Show. The 5-door Aveo whic...
-
2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2010 Subaru Forester is a vehicle for people that like the space that a Sport Utility Vehicle offers, but prefer a...
-
The Audi TT RS headed for America will share key performance attributes of the models sold in Europe and elsewhere. The car will come with t...
-
To Blog Or Not to Blog - An Insurance Agent's Dilemma Most insurance agents approach blogging with these thoughts: "Great, some...
-
Question 1 Do i really need to take classes before i can get my drivers permit?... If i didn't want to go through all the hassle of tak...