Do i really need to take classes before i can get my drivers permit?

Question 1
Do i really need to take classes before i can get my drivers permit?...  If i didn't want to go through all the hassle of taking divers ed classes could i just get my drivers permit? I live in CA and could've already been through all of this and i don't really want to start it now when ill be 18 soon anyways.

Answers
1)   I would recommend it, though nothing replaces hand-on instruction. - TexHabs

2)   Well I live in VA and driver's ed is required in order to get your permit. Might as well just take the class. - TCruise

3)   It will help now a days you need to be a good driver, too many bad drivers out there. Hands on experience helps alot too! - Ryan

4)   You may apply for your "drivers permit" at any age (over 17) and you do not have to take classes. However, the car you are using to learn to drive must be CA registered and have Insurance. A adult with a current CA drivers license must accompany you at all times, while you are driving a car upon the roads. And when you go for your drivers test at the DMV - they may ask to see your companions DL to verify. Pick up your Manual at the DMV - study it very carefully - the test is very hard! - dusty_titus

5)   I bet you have to go through the hassle, to get your permit, sorry - Jimmy lee B.

6)   Once you're 18 (or is it 17 1/2, I'm not sure) you can get your permit without driver's ed. You can just study the book on your own and go take the test. - gomanyes


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 2
When do i HAVE to have car insurance?...  Do i have to get insurance when i only drive car that is under my parents name

or i have to get it whenever i get my license??

im 17 btw

thank you !

Answers
1)   If you have a learners permit and are driving your parents car, they must call their insurance company and have you added onto the policy so that you are covered to drive it. If you do not, it is the same as driving without insurance. - Teddybearalso

2)   You do not have to get insurance if you drive your parents car. But if you add a car to their name then you need insurance for it. - Cheesecake7999

3)   When I go looking for replacement automobile insurance is a fast and easy way to save your money. You can get a fast quote online they often give you multiple quotes.

I have used http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Malkah F

4)   You are required by law to maintain at least liability insurance on a vehicle anytime you drive the vehicle on the roadways be it your car, your parents car, or anybodies car. If you are driving a vehicle and be involved in an accident and you are at fault you will be responsible for any injuries or deaths that might occur from the accident. Should this happen, I doubt you could ever live long enough to pay the law suit amount that will be given to you by the judge. It is never a good idea to drive a vehicle without insurance. The risk is to great. Taking your eye off the roadway for just one second can be a lifetime of paying a law suit. Insurance is to protect the other driver and also to protect yourself. I don't like to pay the insurance rates I pay but the amount of the insurance rates is but a tiny spot in a ocean compaired to what a law suit will be. If you ever need to drive someone else vehicle ask the owner first before you drive it off if they have up to date insurance on the vehicle. If they tell you they don't have any insurance on the vehicle do yourself a favor and stay out of the vehicle. You might say to yourself or someone might say to you it's only a couple miles down and back you will be ok. Usually this is when the accident occurs. It's not worth the risk. - fortyniner

5)   You can get insurance quotes and just compare which one is cheapest at: http://bit.ly/aXwMFN



Hope this helps! - Jack Johan


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 3
Is there a way I can get car insurance that allows me to drive both my mom's and dad's car? They're divorced?...  So I have divorced parents and am learning how to drive. My mom has one car (in addition to an old one that me and my sister are going to share), and my dad and stepmom have two, and they all have different insurance companies. I really want to be able to drive my dad's cars as well as my mom's old one, but I don't know if that's possible without paying for insurance twice or anything. Is there a way I can get insurance somewhere that allows me to drive the cars of both households? And would it cost more?
god fucking damn it.

Answers
1)   They both need to add u as a driver on their insurance policies - gonew/wind

2)   When I go looking for replacement car insurance is a fast and easy way to save on car expenses. You can get a quick quote online they most often give you lots of prices.

I have used http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Patsy C

3)   In order for you to drive your mother and father's vehicles they both will have to contact their insurance companies and have your name put on their insurance policies. When both of your parents put your name on their policies it will raise their rates since you are (I am guessing) a teen driver. If you are lucky both parents will pay the insurance for you because it will be a rather hefty raise I suspect unless they are carring only liability insurance on their vehicles. Good luck with your driving, and be safe. Remember, no talking on the cell phone or texting while driving. - fortyniner

4)   You can get insurance quotes and just compare which one is cheapest at: http://bit.ly/aXwMFN



Hope this helps! - Jack Johan


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 4
true or false auto question.?...  In a pinch, a pile of bricks or water pipes can be used in place of jack stands when using hydraulic jacks.

Answers
1)   True, but your head works just as good. - Ryan

2)   No - those are not recommended! - dusty_titus

3)   Yes you can... also a good way to die if you get under the car. So the answer is true. - LT

4)   The best thing is to get some stands, if your going to me working under your car. but I have used some 6" wood blocks before, but it is not wroth the risk! - Jimmy lee B.


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 5
How do I save money on my car insurance?...  

Answers
1)   Dont get in any accidents. Take driving lessons. Do good in school because certain insurance companies give discounts for a certain GPA.(Usually 3.0) - Cheesecake7999

2)   call geico! 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance lmfao - Adam Salentine

3)   As such it’s a good idea to pay for your insurance in one go when you first take out the policy

try to read this article. They have great ways of saving money for your car insurance.

http://www.localinsuresearch.com/insurance-information/8-ways-to-save-on-young-drivers-car-insurance/ - grungerkurt

4)   As such it’s a good idea to pay for your insurance in one go when you first take out the policy

try to read this article. They have great ways of saving money for your car insurance. - jaklin


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Popular