just bought a car from ri with no title just registration?

Question 1
just bought a car from ri with no title just registration?...  i just bought a 94 land rover that only has a rhode island registration can i use that to put it on the road in mass? or will i need to do a title search? i had the vin checked at police station so i know its not stolen or anything. anyways thanks in advance for any help
i know its sounds sketchy but i have know and bought many cars from this guy i guess worst comes to worse i can try to get it registared threw a friend in nh

Answers
1)   Congratulations! You just got SCAMMED. The title is the ONLY document that proves ownership of a vehicle. You will NEVER be able to register the Land Rover without a CLEAR title. The best you can hope for is that you take it back to the person that SCAMMED you, and get your money back.



The one thing that may save you is that Massachusetts is the ONLY state that requires all private party vehicle sales to be conditional on passing the state safety inspection. In all other states it's "As is/Where is". Pray that the Land Rover FAILS then inspection so you can undo the sale.



In the future NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy a vehicle without getting a CLEAR title BEFORE you give them any money. - Allison

2)   You need the title as proof of ownership. You don't legally own it until the title is in your name. It's a pretty simple process. - Otto

3)   Rhode Island is only issuing titles for vehicles that are model years 2001 and newer, as evidenced by their DMV site here: http://www.dmv.ri.gov/titles/ so there IS no title for your Land Rover.



Not all states issue titles for older cars. For example, NY doesn't issue titles for cars that are 1973's or older, and CT doesn't title vehicles that are 1981's or older. In lieu of a title in these cases, a person would get a "transferable" registration, which in addition to a bill of sale would enable them to transfer ownership of the vehicle.



All states have a policy in place for non-titled vehicles. According to MA RMV, you need the Rhode Island registration and a bill of sale, as referenced here: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/cis/ciswel/weltomas.htm#auto - Little Wing

4)   dmv requires titles at all times when transferring ownership - Martin

5)   You need a title. Otherwise you don't own it. - the kid


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 2
Damaged Drivers License?...  Well i got a Prov Drivers License, and i damged it abit by accident (one character on the date of birth looks like its been stuck on. but its just cracked so its sticking out abit. i wouldnt really say heavy damage. so im going out tomorow night, and the places are strict i want to know would they not let me in the club with it even though its real, my photo and everything on it.

Answers
1)   if the rest of it looks legit then i see no problem. you might not even get id'd so stop worryin lol also, how the heck did you manage to do that to a plastic id? - Rnb Junkie

2)   I'd suggest you get a new Drivers Licence, and in the meantime take some additional ID out with you if you are trying to access clubs. - Louella

3)   give it a try..that's how you will find out - Martin

4)   that depends on the club really but likely no. Most clubs wont take damaged cards sense then it could be modified to make you older. A lot of places get really freaked out about stuff like that, Because if it was modified then they could get fined and or shut down for the admission of a minor. Its a really serious offense that most clubs wont risk, but you could always try the worst they can do is say no. - Xerotolernce


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 3
when can i get my license...?...  I live in georgia. I am 16, and I turn 17 in 2 months. I don't have a permit, and I haven't taken driver's ed yet. what is the soonest I can get my license and what do I need to do?

Answers
1)   I'm not surely positive since were in different states. But im also 16, and i live in texas. Here in texas we have to have our permit for 6 months until were eligible to get our liscense. Driver's ed requires you to be in one week before you can take the test to get your permit also. You would need to sign up for a drivers ed class as soon as possible. hope i helped. - jake

2)   Oh god kid. what were you thinking? Okay, well you need to take driver's ed, and get your temps. Then you need to take ~6 behind the wheel lessons and finally.... take your drivers test. hopefully, you'll be able to get it before you turn eighteen. It depends on how long the programs are in your area, and when they begin. Good luck! - Jake

3)   •A valid learner's license must be held for one year and one day from its issuance. It must be surrendered at the time of testing.



•You must be at least 16 years old.



•Effective January 1, 2007, sixteen year olds must be in compliance with Joshua's Law, which requires GA approved Driver’s Education before license issuance. At age 17, Driver’s Education is not required.



use the source for the actual department of driving services website - Xerotolernce


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 4
Good Reasons for driving to school?...  My parents don't see the point in me driving to school. They think its just a waist of gas, but I really want to drive to school. Its just so much easier. Esspecialy on the first day of school, which is in 2 days. I probably would drive to school most days if my dad didn't leave for work at the same time I do for school. So, I need some really good reasons for driving to school. i use to pretend I had to talk to one of my teachers in the morning, but I don't think thats going to work anymore sinve my dad can just drop me off. I think part of the reason I can't drive to school is because I don't have a job yet, but I'm trying. I technically don't even drive my own car either, but that because we already had 4 vehicles and we don't need another one. I've even offered to buy my on car and pay for the fuel and everything, but they still won't let me. Another thing I don't think is fair is my sister started driving to school the day after she got her licence. She did have her own car though, but she never paid for gas ever. I don't think thats fair, I've had my licence for 6 months now and my parents still won't let me drive. They say they don't want to waist fuel, but I have offered so many times to pay for fuel, but they still won't let me! I need ideas really bad!!! Just give me some good reasons please!!

Answers
1)   Get a job so you can pay for your own gas. - TCruise

2)   I don't see what the big deal is if your dad can drop you off. The economy is going down and that is kind of a waste of fuel.. there's really nothing special about driving to school besides arriving/leaving on your own time. Plus they'd have to pay for insurance and your parking permit. Idk. Just my thoughts. - loi

3)   I know this technically doesn't answer your question, but you haven't given us any good reason for you to have to drive to school, so I have to assume that you really don't have a good reason to do it. You just want to because you want to.



So if you really do have a good reason for driving, just tell them what it is. And if you don't, well, just follow their program since it appears to be the more logical thing to do. - Barry White


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 5
Your personal experiences with Progressive Auto insurance?...  I just got a lease on a 2010 Honda Civic. Its the first car ever in my name and was a bit pricey for me b/c I don't have an extensive credit history. Progressive was the cheapest auto insurance I could find so I decided to try it.



Any pros/cons you've experienced?

Answers
1)   When I go looking for replacement car insurance is a fast and easy way to save or lower overall expenses. You can get a quick estimate at websites they always give you competing quotes.

I know people who have used and recommend http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Rosalinda M

2)   We have Progressive Auto insurance and have had good luck with the claims we've had. The only down side is that the man who owns this company is an extremely liberal democrat who gives the party millions of dollars annually. - clayton

3)   I am with them now. I find their prices decent compared to other insurances. I got into an accident before my camry hit the 5k mark and they took care of everything for me. can you believe a spider caused me to crash?!! I saw a huge spider and I was looking for something to kill it with lol - Jessica


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Popular