Question 1
Will I get a ticket for this?... Heyy. So I was driving home from work earlier and was about to go over the bridge when a firetruck with it's sirens on pulled up next to me. He had his signal on that he wanted to get into my lane but we were right next to each other and I needed to get into his lane and had my signal on. He wasn't speeding up to pass me so I sped up and passed him so he could get into my lane. I also needed to change lanes because my lane was ending. I didn't get a ticket or anything, there was a bunch of cop cars there. Was I wrong? Could I get a ticket mailed to me for this?
Answers
1) I doubt it. Sounds like you did your best to get out of the way which is what you're supposed to do... - 18 gibbs 20
2) When an emergency vehicle, with sirens on, comes up behind you the law states that "You must slow to a stop and pull to the right if the way is clear". Yes you could get a ticket for your action. - mustanger
3) I highly doubt you will get a ticket. Exceptional circumstances such as those you described usually offer a waiver of any ticket. If by any chance you do receive a ticket, call the infringement office and describe what happened, it would help to know things like the time, specific location and date. - Tyler
4) Laws differ from state to state, however it is fairly uniform that you must yield to emergency vehicles using either lights or lights and siren.
"Yield". This means the road nearby is theirs, period. People often do what you did. You had it in your mind that you "had" to get somewhere. You were driving along, intent on going to your destination, likely to one degree or another on "autopilot". You failed to notice a 40' long, 12' tall, brightly colored fire truck until it was pulling up next to you. When you did notice the truck, you still were so intent on getting to your destination that you failed to realize and take the correct action, pulling over to the nearest curb to let the truck pass. You are required to do so even if it causes you the inconvenience of missing a turn (which is rare, especially if you are paying attention).
Will you get a ticket? probably not, this kind of inattention is way too common. If the driver wanted to make a complaint, and if he got your license, and if he can recognize you in court he may be able to cause you to be cited.
You're lucky you didn't end up with several tons of truck in your lap and it was ONLY because ONE driver was paying attention and expecting the worse from you, which you then performed. You probably didn't even rate a comment back at the station.
So, learn something about your driving from this. Small details are often the difference between an accident or not, between life and death. And you missed several tons of loud truck with bright lights. Stereo, Phone, Chatting with Friends, Tired, Stoned, or whatever distraction caused this is only known to you...fix it. - Scott
___________________________________________________
Question 2
Do you get your driver's license right after you pass the driving test.?... I live in South Jersey, and am about to take my driving test. I just wanted to know if I'd get my license right after I passed it.
Answers
1) Yes - someguy126
2) Here in Kentucky, as soon as you pass your driver's test you receive a small sticker on your permit that signifies that you have your intermediate license. After six more months you can go and get your permanent license. - Cody Aull
3) Here in So-Cal, you get a slip of paper that states you have a "Provisional License". ...which is basically your license. Then the card license arrives in the mail about a week later. - Stephen
4) yes,they give you a temp - dieselpuller
___________________________________________________
Question 3
Do my parents have to add me to their insurance policy when I get a learners permit?... They have allstate
Answers
1) I don't know about your learner's, but when I got my license I had to be added. If you're not added it is apparently illegal for you to drive the car.
Or you have to pay a 200 dollar uninsured motorist fee, which is annoying and I doubt you want that. - summer4lizzie
2) I would say yes as they are responsible for both collision and any liability incurred while you are driving their car.
The best bet is to simply ask your parents to check with their insurance company just to be sure.
Good Luck - Mike
3) yeah my parents had to add me when i got mine. you had to have proof of insurance to even get your permit where i got mine - Marianne
4) The answer to your question probably depends on which state you live in. It probably varies from state to state. I would think your parents would want to add you to their policy because if you are not listed on their policy and be involved in an accident your parents insurance will not cover any damage or injuries that might occur. Your parents would have to pay for any damage or medical bills to the other person. If you are not wanting your parents to put you on their policy you need to re-think your position as stated above should you be involved in an accident. You should always have full coverage on your vehicle if the insurance company will allow it for your own financial protection. One major accident where there is major damage to a vehicle, life long injuries or death will put you in a financial position that you may never be able to pay completely in your life time. Insurance does cost a lot but the cost of the insurance is just a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what the cost will be if you don't have insurance. It's never worth the risk to drive a vehicle without at least liability insurance. - fortyniner
___________________________________________________
Question 4
Pain and suffering compensation.?... A few months ago, I was in an accident in which the driver of the other vehicle turned directly into my path of travel. I then hit her head on in her passenger side. She admitted total fault and was given a citation.
My shoulder was injured in the accident, and I wound up undergoing physical therapy 3 days a week for 2 months for a damaged rotator cuff. They finally released me acknowledging that the pain is not gone completely, but there is not much else they can do for it. It will get better with time.
I'm not out to sue with lawyers, just get fair compensation. Her insurance has acknowledged that I deserve compensation but hasn't come up with a figure yet.
How much can I expect as fair pain and suffering compensation?
Answers
1) Just take some Oxycodone/Morphine and relax. - Nick
2) better get ready/a lot of these companies are stiff on these subjects when its only soft tissue damage/no fault states like nj and others are not going for this anymore/they have a schedule/so much for loss of body parts and full medical for soft tissue damage/no pain and suffering/gotta get lawyer and he has to prove losses - ken k
3) Just keep in mind - insurance companies make money by taking in premiums and minimizing payouts. What can you expect? Maybe $10. I'm being facetious because we have absolutely no idea. Just don't expect too much. - Dan B
4) Any amount you receive will depend on how bad your injuries are and how long those injuries are expected to exist. It will also depend on the insurance company as to what they feel your injuries are worth. You can bet they won't pay anymore than they think they can get by with. You say you are not out to sue with lawyers. Without an attorney I doubt you will get a penny. Insurance companies are big business and they like to receive money but they do everything they can to keep from spending any of that money. My advise to you would be to contact an injury attorney and see what they tell you. Since you were not at fault and the other person admitted to being guilty and you were injured in the accident caused by the other driver you should at least get your medical expenses payed by the other drivers insurance company. You are certainly entitled to it and if your injuries are expected to continue you need to get all of those future doctor bills and any other expenses paid for you. I can almost for sure tell you that if you don't hire an attorney to help you get what you have coming you probably won't get anything. It is your decision to make. Do what you think is best for you in your situation. You may find on down the line that the injury to your rotators cuff may need surgery to correct. Your doctor can tell you what you can expect about that. - fortyniner
___________________________________________________
Question 5
does liability insurance cover you if you drive another persons vehicle?... My boyfriends 20 yr old daughter drove my vehicle for a few days, I have the vehiclel fully covered in my name. She has only liability insurance on her vechicle.
Answers
1) It cover the car ,as long a licence driver drive it - dieselpuller
2) To save money car insurance is one of the simplest ways to save or lower overall expenses. You can get a simple quote at websites they always give you lots of quotes.
I know people who have used and recommend http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Miguel R
3) No - your insurance covers your car, and anyone who drives it. Car insurance is for cars, not people. - Mushu
4) There are a couple scenarios with your situation:
The insurance is for the cars covered by the policy. Any licensed driver within your household or with your permission may drive the covered vehicles, regardless of any coverages they have, or don't have, on their own vehicles.
If someone is driving your car and is at fault in an accident, your insurance pays the damages to both your vehicle and to the other involved vehicles (or persons).
If someone is at fault and has a lower deductible than yours, their insurance MAY cover the difference between their deductible and yours, this would not apply if they had liability only.
And if you have wonderful, low deductible, full coverage, high limit, roadside assist insurance, but are driving an uninsured vehicle...you are not covered, can be civilly and criminally liable, and as the driver are presumed to know about the lack of insurance (in other words the old "I didn't know she was not insured" is not a lawful defense). - Scott
___________________________________________________
Popular
-
Honda has officially taken the wraps off its 2011 Odyssey minivan. Like the Odyssey concept shown at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show, the new min...
-
Although Mercedes-Benz has officially revealed how the next CLS will look, the automaker's representatives tell Leftlane that we will h...
-
2011 Jeep Patriot Appear at Chrysler Shows On the inside, the 2011 Patriot highlights a significantly more upscale interior, with an incre...
-
General Motors has decided to unveil the Chevrolet Aveo hatchback ahead of it’s debut at this month’s Paris Motor Show. The 5-door Aveo whic...
-
2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2010 Subaru Forester is a vehicle for people that like the space that a Sport Utility Vehicle offers, but prefer a...
-
The Audi TT RS headed for America will share key performance attributes of the models sold in Europe and elsewhere. The car will come with t...
-
To Blog Or Not to Blog - An Insurance Agent's Dilemma Most insurance agents approach blogging with these thoughts: "Great, some...
-
Question 1 Do i really need to take classes before i can get my drivers permit?... If i didn't want to go through all the hassle of tak...