Can you purchase a car with no title?

Question 1
Can you purchase a car with no title?...  I desire to purchase a car on Friday but the title (which is in transit) won't be available until next week (which I'll be out of town). I want to know if there is a document I can draw up or have created for me that will legally bind the selling party... forcing them to send me the title when they receive it.

Answers
1)   Called a bill of sale. Should be able to find a sample on the 'net. - rick29148

2)   is this a private sale or not. I would not pay anything until I saw a legal title as the DMV,S of most states are getting very picky about how these transactions are performed due in part to the attempts of illegals trying to obtain vehicles and documents,so,either wait or find another car. - saywatpeeple

3)   The best way to buy a car without a Title is to actually go down to the Dpartment of Motor Vehicles with the seller. You will need to know the VIN Number, Plate Number, Make, Model, etc. You should also make a bill of sale.



The tricky part is in buying a car from a person who is not the registered owner. That is usually more trouble than it is worth. - J.

4)   It is never, ever a good idea to purchase any car that doesn't have CLEAR TITLE - that is a PINK SLIP - I've had people try to sell me a car, that they don't own - but assure me that as soon as I give them the money, they can lay their hands on the Pink slip - that tells me that they CANNOT legally sell that car! Don't ever buy a car when you can't find the owner in person. If a car is registered to dead person - and the seller presents you with a Death Cert - you still need a clear pass of title to show that he is authorized to sell the property. There's 4 or 5 cars for every buyer - so don't get over enthused about a "hot bargain" that will evaporate in so many days - But if you are determined to make a bad bargain - then by means a BILL OF SALE - will work. - dusty_titus

5)   I think you are missing the bigger picture here. Until the title arrives, there is no way to tell that the seller actually owns the car. If you pay for the car without seeing the title, you might as well be throwing the money down the toilet. Actually, that would be better. If you use the money to pay for the car and the seller does not really own it, and you drive the car, then you lose the money, you do not get to keep the car, and you get arrested for driving a stolen car. - StephenWeinstein


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 2
can a cop tell if i have car insurance by running my plates?...  

Answers
1)   Yes. They can tell you everything about the car and if you are the registered owner, they can tell everything about you as well! - Qman

2)   it is more and more common for insurance companies to notify the agency you pay for plates that you stopped paying insurance, then they cancel the registration, and put a flag on your record that there is a problem, and when you get pulled over for THIS, YOUR LICENSE GETS SUSPENDED NEXT FOR DRIVING WITH NO INSURANCE. bored cop run random plates, looking for flagged plates - dick car guy

3)   When it comes time for renewal automobile insurance is a quite simple way to save or lower overall expenses. You can get a fast quote at websites they often give you multiple quotes.

I know people who have used and recommend http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Lilia F

4)   No!! Information does not come up on police car computers!!



What does come up is if you have a license, whatever name the car's plates are in it will come up if that person has a valid license in that state. Their computer system Does not tell if you have paid your insurance, only if you are suppose to have a SR22 and the police runs your identification number. - KISH

5)   They can tell you everything about the car and if you are the registered owner.Then yoy may go site to deal with Insurance Adjusters:



http://www.localinsuresearch.com/insurance-information/how-to-deal-with-insurance-adjusters/ - samina Basnet


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 3
If I dont have car insurance and someone hit and runs can i recover my damages?...  through their insurance company?

Answers
1)   How about NO!! And how could you be so stupid as to drive with no ins.If you try to claim they will probably laugh hysterically and report you to the cops. - saywatpeeple

2)   When it comes time for renewal automobile insurance is one of the simplest ways to save a lot of money. You can get a quick quote at websites they always give you multiple quotes.

I tell my friends about http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Barbara-Anne W

3)   Now I know some states don't require insurance, And if you live in one of these states and you can find out who hit and ran you. you can collect on there insurance. you will need a police report. And a tag number and all that stuff. wish you well dave - wpanther30

4)   If they hit and ran, then how would you get their insurance information? They took off. - Scott H


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 4
Taking a Rental Car to the DMV?...  Hi, I'm 16 and I can take my driving exam for my license.

The problem is I can't drive big cars. I've had a lot of difficulty driving them. My parents own one car which is a Minivan and it has a lot of problems.



Is there anyway my parents could rent a car from Enterprise or a some rental car company and give me it to take to the DMV?



I'm not spoiled or anything but my parents even agree that this car will fail the test.



So am i allowed to get a rental car for my exam?

Answers
1)   DMV doesn't care as long as the vehicle is properly licensed and insured.



Only issue I can foresee is your parents would need to put you on the rental contract as a driver and most places won't do that unless you are over 21. - Ottyscay

2)   The car doesnt matter at all. Its your ability to answer the questions correctly ,and pass the driving part to the satisfaction of the examiner.After all you could sell the car you took the test in the next day,thus the question becomes moot.I actually had a mother ask me if her son could use my car as hers had a busted windshield. As long as the car is roadworthy they dont care.Also try to use a manual transmission if you can as this will allow you to drive both types of vehicle,if you use an automatic you will be stuck with this type until you pass the manual test. - saywatpeeple

3)   You can't drive a rental car unless you are at least 21 and have a valid driver's license. You don't have one yet and aren't old enough and cannot be an authorized driver on a rental. - Scott H


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 5
What age where you when you got your first car? How much was it?...  My brother is 15, turning 16, and almost has his permit.. still doing class. I was just curious how much did teens pay for their cars.. and the common age

Answers
1)   16, my dad gave me his. - Brian Howie

2)   I didn't get my first car until 20. I had to earn it, not have it bought for me. It was 500 and a piece of crap. although i later upgraded to a chevy classic for only 400 3 months later. - Matthew

3)   my first car was a plymouth horizon POS that my mom gave me at 14 (we lived in the sticks, no one cared if kids drove, and all the kids drove lol) but the first car i bought was at 21, it was a 91 firebird limited edition (sweeeet car) for 8k in 1997. man did the payments kill me, but i loved that car. - Misery


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Popular