Question 1
Friend was caught driving with no license. I was in the car....?... My friend got caught driving without a license and me and a few friends were in the car with him. Now i'm just wondering if we will get into any kind of trouble since we were passengers and not actually driving?.....
Answers
1) You should be fine. - Eric E
2) no - crazy glue girl
3) you guys were in the car.. with the driver.. so i think you'll be in some trouble - Otaku_Ayame
4) Not really, no. I mean what if you were held hostage? You didn't know! At least I hope you didn't. Stay outta trouble! - HopelessyDevoted
5) no you should be fine just say you assumed that he had a license and didnot think to ask - naotax2
6) You can't get in any kind of trouble because you didn't commit any crime, he did ;), and there's no such thing as "accessories to driving without a licence" ;) - Vitor R
7) No, and if you are called into court, plead ignorance. Say you didn't know the person didn't have a license. - Carl S
8) No, you will not. - the kid
9) Unless the car was stolen, no.
however if you have a full licence and have had it for more than 3 years then you could be technically in charge of the car (just the same as giving a him a driving lesson). however if this want mentioned then you should be fine,
if you have had a licence for more than 3 years, it depends on what your 'Friends' defence will be.
if they say that you were giving him a lesson, then you may have some explaining to do. - Mark W
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 2
Do you really NEED insurance to own and drive a car?...
Answers
1) Yes you REALLY do - ZanSpire
2) Yup - Josh Muller
3) i can only say for Florida but in Florida yes you need insurgence to own a car but not to drive one - Sean
4) Yes, it's the LAW.
@Sean
Every driver on the road has to be insured (Yes even in Florida, where I'm from). If you're driving someone else's car and you're not paying insurance, then that either means that their insurance has a clause that covers other drivers, or you're breaking the law. Just because you're not paying for insurance or signing up for anything, doesn't mean you're not insured. Most insurance plans have some of type of clause that covers other drivers. So someone is insuring you if you're driving someone else's car.
@ioerr
"Personally I think it's a stupid law. I would let people get whatever insurance they wanted. But only drivers with their own insurance would be allowed to make claims against other peoples' insurance, or sue for auto accident related damages."
That makes no sense. So only drivers with their own insurance would be allowed to make claims against other people's insurance, but you don't think those other people should be required to have insurance? Well how do you make a claim against someone who has no insurance? Also, cars don't only get in accidents with other cars, they hit pedestrians and other types of accidents, so how would a pedestrian get compensation? Would they also have to insure themselves with some kind of pedestrian insurance? You would make a bad king. - Jake
5) You need it to drive on public roads. - Bill M
6) You're legally required to have liability insurance, to own and drive a car in the US.
Personally I think it's a stupid law. I would let people get whatever insurance they wanted. But only drivers with their own insurance would be allowed to make claims against other peoples' insurance, or sue for auto accident related damages.
I'm going to set it up just that way, as soon as they make me king.
You don't make a claim against someone with no insurance. If you want protection from that you buy an insurance policy that covers it. Or you sue the guy with no insurance, your choice. He just can't sue you. Same with the pedestrian. Yeah there is insurance for that.
People who need insurance to go outside are wusses, they should be deported somewhere.
Somewhere with a bad climate, where they can be worked as slaves for the profit of an insurance company that would otherwise spend its time taking money from normal people. - ioerr
7) ya helps alot sept in RI u dont need it - crazy glue girl
8) Yes. In most states it is illegal to drive without insurance. - the kid
9) You are required by law to carry at least liability insurance on a vehicle if you intend on driving the vehicle on the roadways. If you only intend to use the vehicle like on a farm and never take it out on the roads then you wouldn't need to put insurance on it unless you wanted to. Liability insurance is the basic insurance and is intended to protect the other driver as well as yourself. You can add more medical and other parts to the basic insurance if you choose to. This is just more coverage to protect the other driver and yourself. If you are driving out on the road and you get involved in an accident and in doing so the other driver or someone in that vehicle gets injured badly and those injuries turn out to be a lifetime injury or worse someone gets killed in the accident and you don't have insurance, I doubt you could ever live long enough to pay the law suit amount you will be sued for. At least with liability insurance it will help cover any injures to people or damages to any vehicles. Of course you can still be sued if the other driver doesn't get enough to cover medical expenses or damages to their vehicle. Anyone who drives a vehicle out on the roadways without insurance is taking a hugh risk in doing so. Just one second taking your eye off the roadway can cost you for life. It is no way worth the risk not to mention it being illegal to drive without insurance. Some complain about the law requiring a vehicle to have insurance before it can be drove on the roadways. I don't like to pay insurance bills either and had much rather use that money for something else. However, the amount you pay for insurance is but a tiny drop in a bucket com paired to having to pay for a lifetime for not having insurance. If you were involved in an accident and it was the other drivers fault you would certainly hope they had insurance to cover any injuries or damage you might have. It works both ways. I myself would rather walk before I took the risk of driving without insurance. The risk is just not worth it. - fortyniner
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 3
Can a minor buy insurance and car?... I live in Southern California and I am 17 and half years old. Right now I have my license but I am not 18 yet. Can I buy a car from a private seller? Also is there any insurance company that would allow me to buy my insurance for whatever price they offer? I really need to drive right now. Thanks
also, i mean by a car a used car that csts like $2000 not a new one.
Answers
1) No sir, you gota be 18 to legaly own a car. And i dont think you can own insurance yet. Just have your parents buy it and pay them for the car and insurance, or if that dosent work, wait till ur 18 - UHHHHHHHH OK
2) Most places, you can't enter into a legal contract till you're 18.
That would include insurance or a large purchase.
(Minors usually drive under their parent's insurance.) - Irv S
3) Whether or not a minor can get their own car insurance is a difficult question to answer, as the laws regarding this vary greatly from state to state. Generally, a minor, defined as someone less than 18 years of age, can obtain car insurance coverage for a motor vehicle as long as a parent also signs the policy. So, a teen driver can have their own auto insurance - but not without the help of an adult. Teens that live with their parents are usually just added onto their parent's insurance policy.
The underlying reason minors are denied their own insurance is that most state laws prevent a minor from entering into legal agreements, which includes signing insurance contracts. Most states won't even allow a minor to be the sole owner of a car. A teen can purchase the vehicle, but must have a parent sign the title and registration, along with the car insurance policy.
Your bets bet is to check with you local DMV office and Insurance agent.
4x4street.com - 4x4street.com
4) I doubt you can get a loan on a vehicle until your at least the age of 18. There are laws that govern minors and loans. I also doubt you can get insurance until your age 18. If your parents will sign the loan and get the insurance on the vehicle they can then put you on the insurance policy as a driver of the vehicle. If this isn't an option you will probably have to wait until you reach age 18. - fortyniner
5) get more details ;open the first & fourth link in: www.autosinsurancequote.co.cc - Master Blaster
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 4
what happen if I ignore my subrogation letter for an auto accident that is not my fault?... I've been getting subrogation letter from my health insurance asking if the injury that I got was a result of an auto accident. This is the 3rd request that they have sent me since I didnt' do anything with the other 2 letters that I receive. I've already settled with the other insurance. If I continue to ignore the subrogation letter, will they come after the settlement or what will they do? Anyone who has been through this, please share. Thanks.
Answers
1) Answer the letter. All your health insurer wants to know is if they can get some recoveries through a motor vehicle insurer. If you prevent them from doing that, they can bill you for what they believe you have denied them from recovering. - Albert
2) You really need to answer the letter for them. They are just trying to see if they can recover any money. If you continue to refuse to answer their requests for information it is possible they will come back on you to repay any money they may deem being theirs. Really no reason you shouldn't answer their requests for the information. - fortyniner
3) They will not pay any claims in the furture unless you answer that letter. - TedEx
4) Wait a minute - are you saying that your health insurance paid for your medical bills AND you got a settlement from the at-fault insurance company? If so, that's called double-dipping, and it's illegal! You owe your health insurer the money they paid for your bills.
Answer the letter, or risk being dropped from your health coverage and getting prosecuted for insurance fraud. - Mushu
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 5
Does my dad's insurance on the car go up?... I've done a mistake and I've driven my dad's car "my mom wanted me to get this thing etc" So while driving a police officer stopped me while I don't have a G2 or G class driving license. I have G1 "Ontario, Canada". She stopped me because the plate's registration wasn't renewed or something like that. I got a warning for the plate and insurance issue and she gave ME a 110$ ticket because I didn't have anyone with me who has a G2 or G in the car. Will the insurance go higher because of that?
Answers
1) Probably, it's a moving violation. - Carl S
2) no. - . .
3) To save money automobile insurance is a quite simple way to save a ton of money. You can get a easy quote online they most often give you lots of quotes.
I have used http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Morgan H
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Popular
-
Honda has officially taken the wraps off its 2011 Odyssey minivan. Like the Odyssey concept shown at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show, the new min...
-
Although Mercedes-Benz has officially revealed how the next CLS will look, the automaker's representatives tell Leftlane that we will h...
-
2011 Jeep Patriot Appear at Chrysler Shows On the inside, the 2011 Patriot highlights a significantly more upscale interior, with an incre...
-
General Motors has decided to unveil the Chevrolet Aveo hatchback ahead of it’s debut at this month’s Paris Motor Show. The 5-door Aveo whic...
-
2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2010 Subaru Forester is a vehicle for people that like the space that a Sport Utility Vehicle offers, but prefer a...
-
The Audi TT RS headed for America will share key performance attributes of the models sold in Europe and elsewhere. The car will come with t...
-
To Blog Or Not to Blog - An Insurance Agent's Dilemma Most insurance agents approach blogging with these thoughts: "Great, some...
-
Question 1 Do i really need to take classes before i can get my drivers permit?... If i didn't want to go through all the hassle of tak...