When you're 18 do you still have to get a permit before you get your driviers liscense?

Question 1
When you're 18 do you still have to get a permit before you get your driviers liscense?...  I'm 18 and I NEED my liscense but I can't get it I guess unless I have a permit. So do I still have to get a permit and if I do, how long do I have to have it before I can get my actual liscense??(I live in Cali by the way)

Answers
1)   Im in the same situation gal - Lea Vo

2)   you are 18 , relax , you don't need a permit . Good luck - Kojak

3)   you dont need a permit if your 18. you just get your license. - player 0ne

4)   yes because you still have to take the driving test in order to get your license and how exactly are you going to practice for that without a permit. - All knowing

5)   I live in Cali too. When you are 18, you do need a permit, however, the rules are not the same as a minor. For example, you don't need it for a full six months, you only need it until you feel you are ready to take the test. For more information, go to your local DMV or go online and read the handbook, in the beginning it gives all the information. - ♥♫•Miss Gigi•♫♥

6)   its always different but most of the tym u still hav to get ur permit but u only hav to have it fo lyk 2-6 months then u can get u liscense - Ashley

7)   I Live In Illinois and I Believe that The Rules Are If Your Age 15-17 You Must First Take At Least 1 Drivers Education Class And Than Pass a Practice Test. Then You Get A Permit And you Have To do 70 Hours Of Driving At Home With No Teacher and Just Another Licensed Driver.



However... If you Are 18 or up you Can Just Walk Into The DMV And They Will Set You Up.



If You Pass The Written And Behind The Wheel Tests, You Should Walk Home With Your Own License.



I Have No Personal Experience with This... im 14 But Will Be Starting drivers Ed This Spring.



ALSO: BEWARE CALIFORNIA MAY HAVE DIFFERENT RULES! I SUGGEST YOU GOOGLE "HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO GET A DRIVERS LICENSE IN "STATE NAME"

OR "WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO GET A DRIVERS LICENSE IN "STATE NAME"



California is more strict with Driver rules i think but i hope this helped! - James Morris

8)   u always need to get your permit first doesnt matter how old you are in california, I live in california and turned 18 and applies for a permit, right away i scheduled a driving test you can do it as soon as you have your permit and as soon as a driving test appointment is available - wil


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 2
I rear ended someone?...  So yesterday, I rear ended ( going 1MPH) someone in Davis, California. So i took pictures and recorded the owner of the car saying that there was no damage to the car and etc. I also recorded her saying that she had chronicle back pain. So she said that if my back hurts within a week of the accident, i am going to claim insurance. But if she does claim insurance, how am i suppose to know if she injured her back purposely or did some heavy work out. But at the time of the accident, her back didn't hurt.
i called my insurance agent and my agent said that she can't do anything about it. We just have to wait for the lady i hit to call. So right now i guess if the lady i hit doesn't call, i'm fine. I know it is my fauly but i just think it will be very stupid if she is claiming for back pain after a week of the accident.
i didnt admit fault at all. the lady i hit was doing all the talking. She knew she was being recorded. Well i wasnt paying attention and that lady was at a stop sign. I stopped behind her. I expected her to go but she stopped. So i just released the brake to press on the gas...then i realized she was still there. So that is why i hit her going 1 MPH

Answers
1)   I always rear end someone when I get drunk. I gotta stop going to gay bars! - gludd20

2)   That's a tough one, on one side she claims she's not having serious property damage on the other she's covering herself for post injuries from an incident that could be related to her health condition, which she also claims in the video. She's likely gonna seek legal council to see what she can profit from insurance, so I suggest you seek a lawyer to see what you can do in order to avoid this claim, since at so little speed there's not that much hurt you could do to her, I mean, she was driving after all and you don't know her medical records so who knows if this after a week claim has to do with your event...It sounds funny to me, anyways seek legal council as well and make as many copies of the video in case you need to use it in traffic court, I mean he gave her consent to be recorded... - 10 Years Out & Proud!!!

3)   well for 1 thing it,s your fault for hitting her in the rear but that,s beside the point. i would say if she refused treatment at the time of the accident then she did,nt even get hurt. if i were you i would talk to my insurance broker and have them to take care of it. that,s what they are there for. - bandit_60

4)   It isn't your problem. If she says she's hurt, then she gets to make a claim on your insurance. The insurance company knows how to spot fraud and you pay them to protect you, let them do their job. And if you'd tried to record me at the scene of an accident, you'd have been eating your cellphone for lunch. - Scott H

5)   To avoid these problems in the future, I'd suggest you stop running into the rear of other vehicles.



You are at fault and will have to compensate any damage to the other persons car or body. - oklatom

6)   HI,



WELL LET ME JUST REMIND YOU, THAT THERE'S PEOPLE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY WHO WILL JUMP ON TO AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THAT TO GET MONEY. BUT THAT WAS PRETTY SMART OF YOU TO DO THE RECORDING, ONLY THING IS DID THE LADY YOU HIT...... ALLOW YOU TO RECORD HER SAYING THAT? BECAUSE THATS AGAINST THE LAW. BUT IF YOUR BEING SERIOUS OF DRIVING 1MPH, THEN I DONT BELIEVE YOU DID ANY DAMAGE AT ALL. JUST MAKE SURE, WETHER IT WAS YOUR FAULT OR NOT, NEVER ADMIT YOU WERE AT FAULT BECAUSE THEN THE OTHER PERSON CAN BE ALLOWED TO GET COMPENSATION. SO LET THE INSURANCE COMPANIES, MAKE THE FINAL JUDGEMENT. - Martha


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 3
what would happen if I were to get pulled over driving a car with expired plates and suspended registration?...  

Answers
1)   impound the car, possibly arrest you, more likely they just give you a ticket - Dave87gn

2)   You would probably get to take a ride in a car that has up to date plates and registration, namely a police cruiser!! Depending if you have had prior problems with the law, you will probably get a healthy fine, possible loss of drivers license, depending on age, higher insurance rates, and probably a tow charge to get your car back. Since you have expired plates and registration I doubt you will have the money to pay the court costs, fine, tow charge. Hopefully you at least have liability insurance on your car to protect the other drivers and not to mention protecting yourself should an accident occur and someone get hurt or killed from being your fault. Bottom line, get your car legal and save yourself a lot of hassle and a ton of money. You got better things to spend your money on besides fines, court costs, tow charges. - fortyniner

3)   The police could impound the car (for 30 days in some states), arrest you, fine you for no insurance ($970 in AZ), and anything else they can legally make stick. Let's just say it could cost you a couple of thousand dollars, easily. - Scott H

4)   Not a hard and fast rule, but if it has been expired for less than 30 days you may just get a warning to get it updated. Eventually it becomes so far out of date that you get your car impounded and don't get it back until the taxes due the state have been paid. - oklatom


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 4
if you have your car title put up for a loan, do you have to keep insurance on it?...  we have bought another car and will not be driving it. as soon as the loan is paid off, will probably sell it.

Answers
1)   Yes. - Jim

2)   .

You sure do... in fact, it's usually a requirement to get the loan.

. - ragtops

3)   The answer is yes you do, because the loan is secured by the title you must have the interest insured against a loss, in this way, if there is a loss the lender has recourse.



This is not legal advise, if you feel you need professional advise please consult an attorney. - legal info

4)   Take a look at the paperwork you completed when you got the loan for the vehicle. Somewhere in that paperwork it will probably say that you are required to maintain full coverage insurance on the vehicle until you have the loan paid in full. You are required to do this for the protection of the loan company. If you don't have full coverage and you have an accident and the vehicle is totaled the vehicle is then worth nothing and if you decide not to make the payments because you can't drive it, the loan company just lost all the money. Of course if this should happen the loan company will take you to court and they will win the case because you signed your name to the loan saying that you would maintain full coverage insurance on the vehicle until you paid the loan off in full. It protects the loan company and it also protects you to. You don't want to be owing thousands of dollars on a car loan and have an accident and total out the vehicle without full coverage insurance because even if the car is totaled out and cannot ever be driven again you will still be liable for the remaining amount of the loan. At least with full coverage insurance the insurance company will pay off the remaining loan amount providing the loan amount isn't more than the value of the car. - fortyniner


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Question 5
Should I pay the ticket if I am low income?...  Recently I received a parking violation ticket (red zone parking). I was in a hurry to be ontime for an interview so I parked quickly and didn't noticed the damn color of the curb. $90



Anyway, currently I am a low income and and under coverage of Welfare, is anyway to skip from this ticket or I have to pay it?

Answers
1)   Tell you what, find and read the parking regulations about parking at a red curb. I'd point you to them if you had bothered to mention location. Then read and see if it says "There is a $90 fine for parking at a red curb, unless you are low income on welfare and then you can park there."



If you find that, skip paying. If you don't, pay the $90. - oklatom

2)   Sorry no way out. Ignore this an it will cost you lots more later. - Gerry

3)   You don't have to pay for it - you can serve the time in jail instead. - clncarplz

4)   Being on welfare doesn't mean you don't have to follow parking rules or violations. Leave earlier next time so you have enough time to park in the correct spot. - Lisa


____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________

Popular