Question 1
who is at fault in this car accident?... i accidently backed into someone's car in a parking lot. HOWEVER, her car was in an unmarked spot. so yes, i hit her, but she was not legally parked.
Answers
1) your fault, you need to have your vehicle under control - BMP
2) You are. It does not matter how they were parked. If your car was moving, you are responsible for where it goes! This is why you have insurance! If you were worried about the car being "illegally" parked, you should have called the cops to tow the car, then backed out after the car was moved! - Michael
3) If you backed into a building, would it be the building's fault? - Ric F
4) It's both of yours. The car should not have been there, therefore, you should not have had to look, though you should have anyway, sooooo... I'd say both, but it was a little dumb on your part. ;) And his, but yes. Either way you had a fault. - Hunter Beauclair
5) Parked is parked. It doesn't matter where, or how poorly, or how illegally. Just because she was in an unmarked spot does not give anyone the right to declare open season on it and smash into it.
You are at fault. - Mushu
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 2
Is my daughter covered under my auto insurance (california)?... When she received her drivers license I added her to my policy BUT at the time I didn't have her DL# and never called back to report the information. It does show her as a driver on my policy but they never received her information like age, dl#, ETC. The reason Im asking...obvious she was driving my car today and was hit by another car in the parking lot. Im concerned if I report the accident it wont be covered or does it matter because it was the other persons fault??
Answers
1) To save money car insurance is a fast and easy way to save your money. You can get a easy estimate online they often give you multiple prices.
I tell my friends about http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Larry
2) you probably should have given them the info, but since they added her and gave you a card with her name on it (hopefully) you will be fine. I really wouldnt worry about it because it was the other persons fault, as you should be using up their insurance money to fix you car, and as long as your daughter wasnt responsible for the accident, no worries. - Justin
3) You are covered. - WilliamG
4) I am not a lawyer so I will just say what is just. Your insurance company is just as responsible for not asking for the info. Your daughters name is on the policy so the company admits she is covered. You paid money to cover her so I think the law requires the company to cover her. If not I have heard of cases being reversed due to lack of insurance. I advise you call your insurance company and tell them you forgot to give the DL#. If they wrote a policy without asking date of birth that is the company's gross oversight. Get a new insurance ID card ASAP for her. Most insurance companies try to maintain a reputation which could be ruined if they don't act in your favor. My company was supposed to stop auto-pay for the month and did not. But they did pay the overdraft fee. - BURLY
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 3
I rented a car, after one year i received a letter from them that shows the car was damaged.?... On july 2009... I rented a car from the company named three star rent a car.
The company sent me a notice claiming $ 1446.50 for an unpaid red light camera violation plus for HST taxes and unpaid rental fees. They sent me this notice after one year on Sep 13-2010.
I did not violate any red camera light and paid them the rental fees fully. This notice also shows car damage which was never done. I am very worried about this all. so what should i do.
Answers
1) You should have a copy of the rental agreement and payment as well as the return inspection papers. The redlight camera might be harder to prove, you'd need to prove you were not in the area. - Hans E
2) Contact them and have them send you all information. (tell them your lawyer wants to see it) Especially the date the damage was noticed, and date and location of the red light violation. You should be able to prove you didn't rent the vehicle then. - Pancakes
3) Call the police and charge the company with making multiple false claims. It is either a computer or bookkeeping error or a shyster company. Thanks, I will...
BEWARE OF "STAR RENT A CAR" - BURLY
4) I would retain an attorney and make sure you have all documentation. It sounds like there has just been a mixup, but you can't be too careful. - LauraWrites
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 4
my pink slip was stolen for my car,how can i obtain a new one?... pink slip or state title in california
Answers
1) To obtain a duplicate title, you must:
* Complete an Application for Duplicate Title form (Reg 227) including the vehicle license plate number, your true full name, current address and your driver license number. Sign the statement of facts explaining what happened to the title.
* Attach the damaged title, if mutilated.
* Pay the duplicate title fee.
You may submit this application either in person or by mail. You can make an Appointment(s) at your local DMV or mail the completed forms with payment to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Registration Operations
PO Box 942869
Sacramento, California 94269-0001
If you present the application at your local DMV office, you will be required to show your California photo driver license. - shizzle
2) I live in Indiana. We have a 'title' to a vehicle which is NOT kept in the vehicle, as well as a 'registration' which is kept in the car. I am assuming that the 'pink slip' is what we Hoosiers would consider to be a 'title.'
I would advise you to go to your BMV or DMV -- whatever it is called in CA -- and jump through the hoops to get a new 'pink slip.' Since you have possession of the car and the car is plated in CA, there is probably a process that you have to go through to get a new 'pink slip.'
In IN, if I had lost my car title, but had a currently plated car and had the registration, the process would just involve my applying for a new title and having a police officer come to my home and check the VIN # of the car. I would imagine that it is a similar thing in CA.
I would also advise doing this sooner rather than later. It gets more complicated if your plate has expired.
Good luck! Maybe someone from CA has better advice than I. - Mary C
3) Go to the drivers license facility and ask for a replacement for a lost title. Tell them it was stolen, they might have some different procedure than if it were just lost in your home or files. - BURLY
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Question 5
How can you say you need a commercial auto insurance?... Is there a required number of auto for this kind of insurance?
Answers
1) All I know is that any auto intended for commercial use requires a commercial auto insurance.
Read the site below and know more about this type of insurance. - Lauren
2) When it comes time for renewal auto insurance is one of the simplest ways to save on car expenses. You can get a fast estimate online they often give you lots of quotes.
I tell my friends about http://www.InsureAutoNow.info - Eleanora J
3) Yes right, I agree with Lauren. Any auto intended for commercial use needs to be insured. Then you might need to compare numerous quotes before deciding which one to get. - Henry
____________ powerd by Yahoo!Answers______________
Popular
-
Honda has officially taken the wraps off its 2011 Odyssey minivan. Like the Odyssey concept shown at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show, the new min...
-
Although Mercedes-Benz has officially revealed how the next CLS will look, the automaker's representatives tell Leftlane that we will h...
-
2011 Jeep Patriot Appear at Chrysler Shows On the inside, the 2011 Patriot highlights a significantly more upscale interior, with an incre...
-
General Motors has decided to unveil the Chevrolet Aveo hatchback ahead of it’s debut at this month’s Paris Motor Show. The 5-door Aveo whic...
-
2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2010 Subaru Forester is a vehicle for people that like the space that a Sport Utility Vehicle offers, but prefer a...
-
The Audi TT RS headed for America will share key performance attributes of the models sold in Europe and elsewhere. The car will come with t...
-
To Blog Or Not to Blog - An Insurance Agent's Dilemma Most insurance agents approach blogging with these thoughts: "Great, some...
-
Question 1 Do i really need to take classes before i can get my drivers permit?... If i didn't want to go through all the hassle of tak...